We all have come across the term unhealthy lifestyle. What does it mean??? Are we leading such a lifestyle?? Probably the answer is a “yes”!!!
Some risks of unhealthy lifestyles
Lifestyle means the way in which a person lives his life, so it plays a very important role in designing our future. And the future depends on whether we have led a healthy or an unhealthy lifestyle. If it’s the later, then you are at risk of having heart disease, stroke, obesity, type 2 diabetes to name just a few.
Wonder why we see so many cases of heart disease and cancer these days?
The culprit is without any doubt the extremely unhealthy lifestyle habits we all have adopted. The lifestyle in the past was totally different from what it is now, which is evident from the fact that there was no such thing as cancer in the past and heart disease was something very rare.
So let’s check out those unhealthy habits and why and how to stop them…
1.When you are a night owl and an early bird at the same time.
Insufficient sleep can alter the sympathetic nervous system (the body’s stress-control center) and hormonal balances, all of which affects glucose regulation. All these can lead to diabetes heart disease obesity and even depression.
- 8 hours’ sleep is ideal for an adult.
- Make a sleep schedule which you stick to even on weekends.
- Avoid heavy meals for dinner and take minimal liquids so that you don’t have to interrupt your sleep and go to pee.
2.Stressing it out.
when stress hits, different people tend to manage it differently. Some over eat, some smoke and some may use alcohol to just forget their problems. These managing skills however will affect your health and give rise to many diseases.
- Instead of managing your stress with smoking etc, learn to manage your time.
- Make a to do list and note down important dates for meetings, submitting projects etc…
- Get a goodnight sleep.
- Learn some relaxation techniques.
- Mingle with friends.
- Indulge in physical activities.
3. Your cravings for food.
If you don’t control your cravings, you will end up being a huge fatty. And obesity is not something which happens suddenly, it’s a gradual process occurring due to intake of processed and junk food. So don’t stay hungry but eat healthy.
Eat when you are hungry and don’t skip meals.
- Whole grains
- Whole fruits and not fruit juices
- Nuts, seeds, beans, and other healthful sources of protein (fish and poultry)
- Plant oils (olive and other vegetable oils)